Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Lots of Findings...

I found a few cool things this weekend - did you know there's mini golf at COP? It's only $9/person, and it's nice and green with little waterfalls. It was an enjoyable way to spend an hour, even if Trevor did win! Anne Marie and I did each get a hole-in-one though, which he didn't. :)

We also met "Arrested Development", this special TV show about a nutty family and how they deal with their father going to jail. It's pretty funny, but not what you'd call a family show! Not as bad as some of the stuff out there though, so I'm happy with it.

I found this awesome recipe for making BBQ ribs in the crock pot, and gave it a try - it was yummy, yummy!

And I found out that I'm on the Conference Team (like a small group leader) for TEC 44, which is really cool. I worked it once before, and I really enjoyed it. And most exciting, my youth that I sponsored to go on the last TEC is on Conference as well. Yay God! So cool...

Earlier in the week, we went to see Pirates of the Caribbean, and it was really good. The ick factor was a little higher (if you haven't seen it, and wonder how it can get any ickier then animated corpses, just you wait and see!) but the story was good, and I only screamed and jumped once. It totally left things hanging - I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait a whole year to find out what happens next...

Today I found out that Calgary is planning a new central library - for 2012! It's so strange to think of stuff actually happening then and being around for it - I read so much Science Fiction, I tend to forget that we're almost there, you know what I mean? In the early to mid-1900's, there was such a fascination with life after the millennium, and now that we're there, it's really not that exciting. But it's a little strange to see the dates as being in my lifetime - so surreal!

No comments: