Monday, February 12, 2007

"This is true love... you think this happens everyday?”

Happy Valentine's Day!

 
Posted by Picasa

http://www.diguno.com/wordsofwisdom.html

Hehe...it's all very exciting! :) So totally a God-thing, and while it's sad that Scott is moving away, I'm really happy for them!

So I was thinking about the Five Love Languages the other day. In case you've never heard of them, the theory is that there's five basic 'languages' that people give and receive love in. They are acts of service, physical touch, giving of gifts, quality time and words of affirmation. Well, I think I've discovered at 6th love language! A few weeks ago Trevor apologized to someone by offering them some of his food, and when he got a weird look, I explained that food is Trevor's love language, and the more I think about it the more I think I'm on to something.

Feeding someone is sort of a combination of an act of service, giving of a gift, and quality time, right? When I have a bunch of friends over and feed them, it's so much fun for me to that, and I totally do it cause I love them, you know? Maybe I'm just crazy, but it makes sense to me!

Actually, I'm sure I'm crazy, cause when Trevor asked if I'd rather have flowers or a Chapters gift card for a valentine, I picked books over flowers without even really thinking about it... :)

By the way, the title of this blog is a quote from the Princess Bride - one of the best love stories of all time! And it's got sooooo many great quotes - if you haven't seen it, I highly reccomend that you do so as soon as possible - you're missing out on a classic!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Does your sixth love language translate into pb bars for your best friend??!! ;-) Just kidding...

And books over flowers isn't crazy, it's romantic!! That way everytime you read the book you think about the man who loves you!! Flowers you can always buy for yourself...books are timeless!!

Ok that's my mushy cheeze moment for the day...Happy Valentine's Day Michelle!! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish they were not moving, but what can yah do? I am also happy for them