Saturday, November 13, 2010

Movie Reviews Part 1

I've seen a bunch of movies in the last few months, and many of them were really enjoyable, so I'm going to tell you about them! Stay tuned for more....

Easy A
This movie was a lot of fun. It posed some good questions and had a great sense of humour. The lead actress was really great – Emma Stone – I hope to see her in more movies in the future. It’s definitely not for a young audience though – I’d give it a 14A at minimum! My biggest complaint is how they portrayed Christians – either as hypocritical or totally unaware. We’re not all like that that, I promise!


Despicable Me
SO CUTE! Definitely on my to-buy list! My favourite line: “HE’S SO FLUFFY I’M GONNA DIE!” I loved everything about this movie – it was just a happy cartoon with a great message about the importance of family, and some awesome humour. Is it just me, or does the ‘bad’ guy remind you of Bill Gates?


Nanny McPhee Returns
I wasn’t a huge fan of the first Nanny McPhee movie, even though it had Colin Firth in it. But I wanted to see a movie, and this was the best thing playing! I liked it a lot more then I liked the first one – there was only one scene that was so cheesy that I actually squirmed. It’s set during WWII, and has a star-studded cast – I counted four Harry Potter stars in it! The plot line was pretty good, and Maggie Gyllenhaal was brilliant as the over-worked mum.


The Other Guys
“I’m a peacock – you gotta let me fly!” The fact that Mark Whalberg could deliver that horrible line TWICE in one movie nearly killed me! I laughed intermittently for a couple of days about that. He and Will Ferall play a couple of inept cops and they are hysterical. Trevor and I were both really entertained by this movie. But for violence, language and sexuality, I’d definitely give it an R!

No comments: