Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Fall in Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park

With the weather being what it is today - e.g. snowy - I want to remember the happier, warmer, times of summer! You may remember that in late July I met up with my new friend Shelli and we went to Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park. Trevor and I had the change to get out there on September 22nd, which feels like YEARS ago already, and I took 100+ photos of the beautiful fall colours. It was about 28 degrees, and it was SO gorgeous.


Looking west!
 
The old post office on what was the townsite.
 
I call this one: "The cattle on a Thousand Hills".
 
Alberta at its best!
 
The Bow River - I kept looking around for scruffy surveyors from Hell on Wheels. :)
 
CP Rail
 
Our Canadian heritage in motion!
 
The old post office from the other side.
 
Fall grasses
The difference in the scenery from when I was there just two months before was incredible - it was like seeing a totally different park. We hiked the same loop that Shelli and I did, but when we go back in the spring we're going to try one of the other ones - because we'll definitely be going back there. I can't believe I've lived here for thirteen years and been half an hour away from this gem of a place and had no idea. Check it out, Calgarians! :)
 
Now, off to make myself a nice mug of Earl Grey, hot...
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: