Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Falling Skies



Over Christmas break, my tv thing was Downton Abbey, which I am still thoroughly enjoying, but since I'm watching it now as-it-happens, my next show to watch on DVD was Falling Skies. We'd actually watched a couple of episodes before Christmas, and then I had to return the DVD to the library. I was sticking with it more out of loyalty to RyRo then anything else, but then the last half of the first season really kicked into gear and grabbed me, and now I'm SO impatient for season 2 to come out on DVD so I can get all caught up before season 3 airs in the summer.


Ryan Robbins and Noah Wyle


Who is RyRo, you might ask? He is otherwise known as Ryan Robbins, or Henry Foss from Sanctuary (which still remains my favourite show ever). He doesn't show up until season 2, but I had to watch season 1, of course. Falling Skies is set in Boston, about six months after earth is invaded by aliens, which sounds a bit cliche, but the characters are good, the atmosphere is great, and there are some plot twists that I really like. Noah Wyle plays Tom Mason, who before the invasion was a history teacher, and who is now the second in command of the 2nd Massachusetts, a group of military and civilians working together to try to not just survive, but fight back.


Noah Wyle and Moon Bloodgood

Mood Bloodgood plays the pediatrician thrust into the role of chief medical officer, and I *totally* ship her character, Anne, and Tom. They have great chemistry, they're both lonely, and she'd be a great step-mom to Tom's kids. When you're trying to survive an alien invasion, and you have three sons who are always getting into trouble, having the doctor on your team is a really good idea!

I know I'd watch it why Ryan tweeted that he was in it, but what really got me started on actually watching it was my friend's husband working on the costumes for season 3. Good thing too, because then I found out that my favourite actor ever, Christopher Heyerdahl, is going to be in season 3. Not only that, Jonathan Frakes directed an episode, and I *may* have gotten his autograph in my Christmas card from my friend....

I do quite recommend Falling Skies, if you like sci-fi!

1 comment:

Shelli said...

WOOT WOOT!!!! Here, here!!! Nice shout out! Also, I learned more about Falling Skies from reading your review than anything Jeff has ever told me!!! Haha!